It is my pleasure to present the 3rd beta release of the CLARION Library; the exciting new implementation of the CLARION cognitive architecture (a theory by Ron Sun). I hope you enjoy all of the new features, capabilities, and enhancements that have been added in this release, including:
- Entirely new redesign of the library event mechanism
- Fixes various timing issues
- More accurately implements the publisher/subscriber model
- No longer need to specify USE_GOAL_STRUCTURE in the parameters of the MotivationalSubsystem
- Moved ActivationCollection to the Clarion.Framework namespace
- Renamed Chunk.LabelAsComparable to Chunk.LabelAsIComparable
- Additional samples:
- Simple Prisoner’s Dilemma
- Serialization Demo
- Feature and extension additions/enhancements
- Provides a simplified template for interacting asynchronously
- IDefinesAgentMetaInfo interface
- Used to make agent-specific dimension-value pair reservations (e.g., typical drive inputs/outputs)
- Generically typed DimensionValuePair<DType,VType>
- Allows values of different types to inhabit the same dimension
- More natural access/use (i.e., less casting)
- Added eligibility checker customization for rules
- Framework additions/changes aimed at further simplifying your experience!
- Added IntelliSense files
- Several bug fixes…
- And MUCH more!
I encourage you to take a moment to peruse all of the documents that we have provided as part of this package; especially the “Getting Started” guide as well as the other tutorials in the “Tutorials” folder. Also, make sure that you read through and agree to all of the licensing terms and conditions before you start using the library.
Note that this is still a BETA release. With this in mind, you should be aware that some aspects of the library are incomplete at this point (especially the in-line documentation) or are still in development.
Thank you again for trying out the CLARION Library!
Nicholas Wilson, Lead Developer
The CLARION Team